Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Post Fourth of July

I suppose that by now everyone has heard the tragic news of Steve McNair's murder during the fourth of July weekend here in Nashville, Tennessee. So far, his untimely death at the age of 36 is being treated as a Murder/Suicide. It appears that he was shot to death by his 20 year old girlfriend who then shot herself in the head (McNair was shot twice in the body and twice in the head). Of course further investigation may reveal other possibilities.

Other than that, this weekend was a good one for our family. My family and I spent the day at my wife's Aunt Betty's home enjoying good food, conversation and kite flying for my daughters thanks to B.J.! Later that evening we headed toward downtown Nashville to watch the fireworks display down by the river. Unfortunately, mother nature didn't co-operate and the festivities were rained out! Perhaps it was mother nature's way of mourning the passing of Steve McNair.

No comments:

Post a Comment